Join the IBD Registry
The IBD Registry has been set up to allow all teams in the UK to participate. Because all hospital IT arrangements are slightly different, the specific tasks you’ll need to do to join the Registry will vary slightly by country and data entry system and you can find out more by clicking on the links below. The overall process for all sites is as follows:
- Identify a clinical champion to drive local Registry implementation and change management.
- Work with the IBD team and other colleagues to consider which data entry system (PMS, Web Tool, existing local system) will work best for you. It may be useful at this stage to contact:
- The IT team to discuss resources and requirements
- The Caldicott Guardian to agree information governance arrangements
- Choose your data entry system
- Register your interest and indicate which data entry system you plan to use.
- Receive the relevant starter pack and follow steps to local implementation
- Plan your team approach to data entry
- Register with NHS Digital to submit data to the IBD Registry
If you have any questions about joining the Registry, please contact the Registry support team on [email protected] or 020 3393 3969
Data Entry Options
The Registry team have worked with InfoFlex to develop an IBD Registry patient management system (PMS) as well as a Web Tool option, and teams can also use some existing local hospital systems (e.g. the EMIS Health Gastroenterology module, Ferring’s ‘Rotherham’ system or local hospital systems that have data fields matched with the IBD Registry data submission framework). The Registry systems have been designed to support best practice clinical care, and functionality includes GP letters and a printable summary of the consultation for the patient, as well as local reports for patient monitoring, reviewing against NICE guidance and activity reports.
Find out more about:
Our lovely Data Services Manager is off to run a ski chalet for the winter, and so we are looking for the right person to come and join us in this important role. You will need to be organised and analytical with a customer service mindset - it's all about keeping...read more
We will be closed over the key Xmas and New Year dates (Mon 24th, Tues 25th and Wed 26th December; then Monday 31st December and Tuesday 1st January 2019). For those catching up on data capture in the Xmas quiet period, we are running an essential support service on...read more
Continuing its mission to improve the care that people with IBD receive, the Royal College of Physicians is offering IBD teams an opportunity to participate in a new quality improvement collaborative, consisting of three 1-day learning sessions and supported action...read more
Following the establishment of IBD Registry Limited as an independent not-for-profit company, we have moved offices to: The IBD Registry The Ebbisham Centre 6-7 Derby Square EPSOM KT18 8AG Telephone (unchanged): 0203 393 3969 Contact (unchanged):...read more
If you’re coming to the BSG Annual Meeting in Liverpool next week, do come and say hello to us – we’re at stand B58 in the exhibition.read more