Using the Web Tool
The IBD Registry WebTool provides local sites with a secure web-based clinical support system, based on the same software as the InfoFlex PMS.
The Web Tool enables data to be captured at the point of clinical contact with patients, provides immediate access to a summary of the patient’s disease and current care and can generate clinically useful outputs and basic service profiling information.
- Real-time data capture at the point of care
- Provides immediate access to a summary of the patient’s disease and current care and can generate clinically useful outputs and basic service profiling information.
- Ability to generate local reports for service management and improvement
- Ability to generate GP letter at
- Ability to generate summary documents for patients and GPs at
- Searchable lists of patients by drug categories
- Participation in Registry enabling benchmarking of services performance and activity against national levels
- More accessible information for patient care
- Standard service and operational reports plus easily accessed data for clinical audit
- Participation in the Registry enables benchmarking against the IBD Standards and national performance
- The Web Tool also has a data visualisation tool embedded in the system to help IBD teams track performance against key performance indicators for biologics.
- The charts show local data compared with the national standards and the national average performance of all participating hospitals.
- The Web Tool has a built-in extract process to produce data files ready for upload to the Registry. Depending on the amount of data submitted to the Registry, IBD Teams will receive reports on the number of registered patients, admissions, surgery, and medications benchmarked against the national Registry data
Differences to the PMS
The WebTool is fast to put into operation at your site as it does not need to be installed locally whereas the PMS does. However, this benefit has the disadvantage that the WebTool cannot interface with other local hospital systems. For example, it can create documents but they need to be downloaded to print.
Who to contact for the Web Tool
The Web Tool is managed and supported by the IBD Registry.
Contact us to find out, to start using or help and support.
The Web Tool has a built-in extract process to produce data files ready for upload (submission) to the Registry.
Quality Accounts ready
For sites wanting to participate in Quality Accounts, the WebTool is designed to capture the required biologics data and is quick to get started with allowing maximum participation in this important Quality Standard.
The Web Tool has been developed for those hospitals that do not have a local electronic patient record (EPR) system capable of capturing the information required by the Registry. The Web Tool holds patient identifiable data and clinical staff usernames linked to a unique site code that ensures each hospital can only enter, view and report on the data relating to their patients.
The Web Tool is accessed across the NHS HSCN network and the servers are provided and maintained under contract to the IBD Registry by AIMES Ltd, a company approved by NHS Digital to operate HSCN services. The data centre is in Liverpool and encrypted backups of data are undertaken daily and stored at their data centre. The server firewalls are to HSCN standard and data in transit across HSCN is encrypted using an extended SSL Certificate licensed from GlobalSign. The InfoFlex software for the IBD Registry Web Tool is provided by Chameleon Information Management Services Ltd (CIMS).
NEW: IBD Registry, patient consent and the National data opt-out - FINAL (PDF 150KB)
|IBD Registry Patient information leaflet – April 2019||Download here|
|IBD Registry Large Font/Accessible Patient information leaflet – April 2019||Download here|
|IBD Registry Adult consent form – May 2018||Download here|
|IBD Registry Paediatric consent form – May 2018||Download here|
|IBD Registry A4 poster - May 2018||Download here|
|IBD Registry patient consent guidance for hospitals (England and Wales) - August 2017||Download here|
020 3393 3969
IBD Registry Ltd is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee - Company Number 11197749.
Our Registered Address is 3 St Andrews Place, Regent’s Park, London NW1 4LB. VAT Number 291683766.