The IBD Registry team worked with InfoFlex to develop a patient management system (PMS) that can be linked to hospital systems and provides an IT platform to support IBD teams in providing high-quality clinical care.
Benefits of using the PMS in clinic
- Easy access to an accurate summary of each patient’s care at a glance, without the need for paper notes, making all relevant clinical information accessible and reducing the potential for error
- Easy data entry – the PMS has been designed by working clinicians to be simple and easy to use in real time at the point of care
- Supports alternative models of care such as virtual clinics or telephone clinics
- Includes integrated disease scoring tools and comprehensive drug lists
- Facilitates the running of multi-disciplinary team (MDT) meetings and flare lines
- Biologics management system
- Easy organisation of clinical work lists – for example, azathioprine monitoring, biologics follow up and MDT meetings
- Can produce printable documents
- Patient summary of the consultation, diagnosis and treatment to take home
- GP letter
- Paediatric growth charts
- Subject to local IT arrangements, can be integrated with local PAS, pathology and other systems to minimise data entry
Data is easy to retrieve for:
- Service reports
- Clinical audit
- Business cases to demonstrate the impact of service, and make the case for additional resources
- Commissioner reports
Who to contact for the PMS
The InfoFlex PMS is owned and managed by Chameleon Information Management Services Ltd (CIMS). They manage licensing, installation, integration and upgrades of the PMS, which are dependent on local IT infrastructure and resources. For further information please contact CIMS [telephone: 01923 896939]
The PMS can create the extract files needed for data upload (submission) to the Registry.
Using the PMS for the Registry
The PMS is a Patient Management System. It captures the data you need in
|IT fact sheet|
Technical Information for your IT group on the PMS and what they need to do to implement it locally
|Local report example|
Typical reports that Clinical Teams can generate to inform resources, management and commissioning decisions
|IBD Registry PMS screenshots||Download here|
|GP letter and patient summary examples|
Examples of GP and patient documents that can be generated by the PMS
IBD Registry Ltd is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee - Company Number 11197749.
Our Registered Address is 3 St Andrews Place, Regent’s Park, London NW1 4LB. VAT Number 291683766.